Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lessons Learned–Why I Will Never Have A Super Mom Cape

1. Cocktail sausages and strawberries can count as a late dinner.dsc00332

2.  I am my mother’s daughter more and more with each passing day.

3.  I think my mother is a wonderful brilliant woman even if it took me almost 36 years to fully realize it. (Sorry Mom, couldn’t resist using this pic)

4.  You can freeze buttermilk.  My cooking world has opened wide!

5.  I really like to use buttermilk in recipes.

6.  I have been a writer all along.  I just needed to listen to the voices in my head (no not those voices).DSC00595

7.  I get very grumpy when I don’t get to write or quilt.

8.  When I am grumpy I blame my husband for everything even though it is rarely his fault.

DSC012119.  My husband is a very forgiving man.

10. There are only so many hours of the day you can be the pack leader.

11. Being followed by an actual pack every second of the day is exhausting. (Yes, there are 5 dogs in the picture who all live inside with us all day.)

12. I think better when my floors are vacuumed.

13. A West Texas Girl who grew up with big sunsets and wide open spaces needs a GPS on a cloudy tree lined highway in North Carolina no matter how often she has driven the road.

14. My ideas are good.  My ability to implement them is bad.

15. Too many good ideas that whither in the shadow of life can make anyone feel like a failure.DSC00712

16. The best things in my life were never my idea.


We Are That Family

works for me wednesday at we are that family

6 comments:

  1. " A West Texas Girl who grew up with big sunsets and wide open spaces needs a GPS on a cloudy tree lined highway in North Carolina no matter how often she has driven the road." -- This is ALSO true for a West-Texas-Girl-turned-Army-wife who drives on forest-laden roads in New Jersey! Too true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "my ideas are good, but my ability to implement them is bad."

    I like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, daughter, you think calling me a wonderful, brilliant Mom will make it ok to show that Pic? Really? You know, I have a trunk full of pictures of you. But then, I don't have a trunk full of time to go through them right now. You knew that, too, didn't ya?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five dogs is a lot of furry companionship.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At some future date I will explain why there are 5 dogs in my house currently. They are all actually quite well behaved and quiet. Other than some Lego snacking we have no problems with them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...