Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Works For Me Wednesday–Pine Shelves

Williams&Sonoma.pineshelvesI love these shelves.  Currently they hold toys in one of the boy’s rooms.  They are 10 years old and show no sign of wearing out.

I purchased them at Williams & Sonoma in 2001 for storage in my home office.  When we moved they were used for a makeshift pantry in our new apartment.  Next they were used for garage storage.  After that they were used in the playroom for the same thing they are doing now. 

0308081616

The shelves are adjustable too.  I can’t find them anywhere else and I would highly recommend them even though they might be more expensive.  They will certainly last.

When we put them in the playroom we bolted them to the wall.  There are 3 L-brackets on each shelf weighted at 75 lbs each.  Most full grown adults could climb one of these things.  Did I mention I have busy boys?

0305081452a 00000

3 boys, 3 moves, and countless bumps & bruises but still hangin’ on beautifully.  They SO work for me!

For more WFMW thoughts and ideas go to We Are That Family at the link below.



works for me wednesday at we are that family

4 comments:

  1. My husband made me a similar set nearly 16 years ago and they are still going strong! They are currently in my basement holding a little bit of everything! They are worth their weight in gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want another set, copy them. Measure the wood pieces and then take the meausrements to Lowes or Home Depot and have them cut the lumber to meet the measurements. Then put them together yourself.
    I have seen something very close to these at IKEA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved your pine shelves. These may be a necessity for us in our move here soon...we will need all the storage solutions we can find.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...